Please read the below general Terms & Conditions (“Terms & Conditions”) applicable to Emperor Cinemas (“Cinema”). By ordering refreshment and/or purchasing a ticket and/or entering the Cinema premises, you agree to be bound by this Terms & Conditions.
Ticketing & Concession
1. Tickets sold are non-refundable, non-exchangeable, cannot be re-sold and void if altered.
2. Please check the transaction amount before payment. Any disputes in the transaction amount discovered thereafter will not be entertained.
3. Child tickets apply to children aged 11 or below only; Senior tickets apply to aged 60 or above only; Student tickets apply to Hong Kong full-time students only.
4. E-ticket will be sent to your email and/or member account (if any). Please keep your e-ticket secure and avoid loss or disclose to any unauthorized party. Emperor Cinemas shall not be responsible for any liability or loss.
5. Pre-order refreshments through website or mobile app can be redeemed on movie day only. Please scan e-ticket QR Code at concession counter to pick-up your refreshments. If you have purchased The Coronet ticket, please scan e-ticket QR Code at house entrance to admit directly and your refreshments will be served at your seat.
6. You may be required to produce Proof of Age when purchasing alcoholic beverages*. Emperor Cinemas will refuse to serve alcoholic beverages to any person who is underage or cannot produce, upon request, Proof of Age and/or appear to be intoxicated or under the influence of mind-altering substance.
7. A valid Proof of Age* is required for verification purpose when purchasing alcoholic beverages (if applicable). Emperor Cinemas will refuse to serve / sell alcoholic beverages to any person who is underage or failed to present the valid Proof of Age. Emperor Cinemas staff may at their absolute discretion refuse to serve/sell alcoholic beverages to any person who appears to be not suitable to be served/sold with any alcohol;
8. Emperor Cinemas remains open during Typhoon Signal No. 8 or above and Black Rainstorm Warning. If you cannot attend the show by reason of such typhoon signal or rainstorm warning, please bring your tickets to associated Emperor Cinemas concierge for exchange of tickets of the same movie (subject to availability) within 7 days after the date of that movie. No refund is accepted. Emperor Cinemas reserves right to exchange tickets of another movie. This arrangement is not applicable to house booking.
1. For patrons who have purchased more than one seats, please scan the e-ticket QR Code of this transaction once and admit all heads at the same time. If you are admitting separately, please share the e-ticket to your friend(s) and simply let our staff knows the admitting quantity before the scan.
2. Children with height over 1 meter must hold valid tickets. Each adult can accompany no more than one child with height under 1 meter and without occupying any seat.
3. A valid Proof of Age* of the Child or Senior ticket holders is required for verification purpose before admission to the cinema houses.
4. A valid Proof of Studentship* of the Student ticket holders is required for verification purpose before admission to the cinema houses.
5 Category III movies are strictly approved for persons who have attained the age of 18 years. A valid Proof of Age* is required for verification before admission to cinema houses showing Category III movies. Emperor Cinemas may deny your admission without any refund or compensation if you failed to produce the proof.
7. The audience are required to bring their own 3D glasses for watching 3D movies. 3D glasses can be purchased at Emperor Cinemas concierge.
8. All dangerous or hazardous items or any items that may interfere with other persons’ enjoyment of movies are prohibited in the cinema houses. Emperor Cinemas has the right to deny admission of any person carrying such prohibited items to the cinema houses;
9. Refreshments are available in Emperor Cinemas concession counter. No outside food and drinks are allowed in the cinema houses.
10. Animals, livestock or pets are not allowed in any part of the cinema houses.
Inside Cinemas House
1. Unauthorized photo-taking, audio and/or video recording is strictly forbidden inside the cinema houses. Emperor Cinemas reserves the rights to hand-over the offenders of undertaking the above-mentioned unauthorized activities to and report the case to law-enforcement agencies. Any unauthorized recordings, tapes, films and/or similar items may be confiscated and destroyed.
2. The use of light emitting or ringing device (including but not limited to mobile phones, tablets and laptops) is prohibited during screening.
3. Smoking (including the use of electronic cigarettes or any other artificial cigarettes or smoking devices) within the Cinema premises is strictly prohibited.
4. Please do not behave in a manner that adversely impacts the enjoyment of other audiences.
5. Please be responsible for your own personal property. Emperor Cinemas shall not be responsible for any damaged, lost or stolen personal items that are brought into the Cinema.
6. Emperor Cinemas shall not be responsible for any information displayed or disseminated by any third party or for the content of any movie, trailer or advertisement that are shown on the premises.
* Proof of Age includes Hong Kong Identity Card, Senior Citizen Card, Mainland Travel Permit for Hong Kong and Macau Residents and Passport. Proof of Studentship includes local full-time student ID Card (Excluded Lifelong Learner Card, Alumni card or Student Octopus Card).
1. If Emperor Cinemas considers or suspects that you have violated or are about to violate this Terms & Conditions, Emperor Cinemas has the sole discretion to refuse selling tickets to you and/ or deny your admission to or request you to leave the Cinema where appropriate without refund or compensation.
2. In case of any discrepancy or inconsistencies between the English and Chinese versions of this Terms & Conditions, the English version shall prevail.
3. Emperor Cinemas reserves the right to amend and supplement this Terms & Conditions without prior notice.
4. Emperor Cinemas reserves the right of final decision and interpretation in the case of any dispute.
Protecting your privacy
We are dedicated to processing your Data in accordance with the required standards. This includes protecting your privacy and ensuring the security of your Data in compliance with, where applicable, the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Chapter 486 of the Laws of Hong Kong) (the “Ordinance”), Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (the “GDPR”) and other relevant regulations where applicable.
We may collect, use and hold a range of different Data about you. For the purposes of the followings:
(collectively, “the Services”)
You may be requested to provide Data such as, but not limited to:
Provision of the Special Data mentioned immediately above is optional although, where the requested Service is a personalised Service or provision of a product is dependent upon your provision of all requested Data, failure to provide the requested Data may prevent us from providing those particular Services to you.
How we collect Data
We collect Data in a number of ways, including from:
Other Privacy Data
To better serve your needs and preferences, our web servers may collect Data relating to your website, device or app activity. We may also collect aggregated, anonymous, statistical data on the server's usage so that we may better cater to the behaviour of users of our websites and mobile apps. This type of Data may include, but is not limited to:
Our legal basis for using your Data including how we transfer your Data
We have a legitimate interest in properly administering the Services. In addition, our use of your personal data may be necessary for the performance of the Services that you have requested. In order to provide the Services that you have requested, we may, to the extent permissible under applicable laws and regulations, transfer your Data to organisations or parties outside of the Company (which may be within or outside of Hong Kong) (collectively, “Organisations”). Your Data is transferred to these Organisations for the strict purpose of enabling us to supply our Services to you but is not applicable to any Organisations which are not owned by the Company or of which its company policies are not controlled by the Company as well as any persons employed or managed by the Company.
In some circumstances as mentioned above, we may need to ask for your consent to use your Special Data where required by law to do so.
These Organisations provide support services to our businesses and operations including without limitation:
We take the required steps to ensure that these Organisations are bound by appropriate confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your Data and that they use your Data for the sole purpose of carrying out the services for which they have been engaged, and not for their own or other purposes (including direct marketing).
In addition, we may transfer your Data:
Direct Promotions and Marketing
Marketing may be carried out in a variety of ways (such as in the form of a letter, bill insert/message, email, digital SMS, MMS, instant message, app push notification, by telephone, social media or advertisements on websites or other means).
We will honour each individual's request to not use his/her Data for the purposes of direct marketing. You may opt-out from receiving direct marketing material and/or communications from the relevant Service and/or any notices from the Company. At the same time, you may resume receiving the same (if you have previously opted-out of receiving such material and/or communications from the relevant Service) by making a written request to our Data Protection Officer together with your registered name and service account number, registered telephone number or login name (as applicable).
Transfer of Data outside Hong Kong
At times it may be necessary and/or prudent for us to transfer your Data to places outside of Hong Kong, for instance, for the prevention, detection or investigation of crime or for storage, processing and other purposes for which the Data were collected. In the event that we do transfer your Data outside of Hong Kong, we will do so in compliance with the prevailing requirements of the Ordinance, other relevant regulations and the GDPR where applicable.
The safety of your Data is important to us
1. The Organisations shall not keep any personal data transferred to them longer than is necessary for processing of the data.
2. Controls on password complexity, retries or resets are implemented to prevent passwords from being compromised.
3. Advanced encryption technology is used to protect the safety of personal data (including names, email addresses, telephone numbers, credit card information and purchase records) during transmission through our website or mobile app. Our Secure Socket Layer (SSL) system will prevent your data being transmitted from unauthorized interception or access by third parties.
4. Standalone server(s) with properly configured firewall are used to store personal data.
5. Only the personnel that have been trained with the strict privacy guidelines and procedures are authorized to access or handle your personal data. Such personnel are accountable for non-compliance with the related obligations.
6. The security system will be reviewed regularly.
When we pass your Data to third party Organisations for them to process, we seek to ensure that they have appropriate security measures in place to keep your Data safe and to comply with applicable principles in relation to data protection. Some of the people we share your Data with may process it overseas. You can contact us for more information about the safeguards we use to ensure that your Data is adequately protected in these circumstances.
Retention of your Data
We will retain your Data in accordance with our internal policies. Our policies are in compliance with the Ordinance and the GDPR where applicable, and cover the following principles:
(a) The membership information you provided for registration, with personal identifiable data and/or any copies thereof will be erased and/or destroyed within 2 years after received from Members. Credit card information will be destroyed within 6 months after payment process. If you desire to erase your personal data from our members’ and/or contact databases after the expiration of membership, please let us know;
(b) Other data will only be retained for as long as is necessary to fulfil the original or directly related purposes for which it was collected, unless the data is also retained to satisfy any applicable legal, regulatory or contractual obligations; and
(c) Data are purged from our electronic, manual and other filing systems based on the above criteria and our internal procedures.
Your right to access, correct and delete Data
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the Data we collect, use and transfer is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that Data depends to a large extent on the Data you provide. You have a right to request access to, and correction of, your Data and we recommend that you:
(a) let us know if there are any errors in your Data; and
(b) keep us up-to-date with changes to your Data.
If you wish to access or amend any of your Data we hold, or request that we delete any of your information that is no longer necessary for the provision of our Services, you may contact us in the manner as set forth under the “Contact Us” section. This service is free of charge.
You may exercise your right of access and correction by writing to our Data Protection Officer at the details stated in the “Contact us” section below. This service is free of charge
You may decline to share Data with us and/or withdraw any consents which you may have provided, in which case, we may not be able to provide you with some of our Services.
At any time, you may object to us holding or processing your Data, on legitimate grounds, save and except as otherwise permitted by the applicable law.
Unless specially required or requested by us, please do not send or publish any personal sensitive data (e.g. contents in relations to race, political views, religious or other beliefs, health record, criminal record or chamber membership, etc.) to us or through our websites or mobile applications. If we specially required or requested your provision of sensitive data, we must obtain your prior express consent.
How to contact us
For all issues and enquiries regarding our compliance with our obligations (including Opt-out) under the Ordinance and the GDPR where applicable, and any request for access to, correction or deletion of your Data, please contact us in writing at:
Emperor Cinemas Limited
20/F, Emperor Group Centre, 288 Hennessy Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Attnentionto: Data Protection Officer
or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To raise an issue regarding our handling of your Data, please contact us in order that we can attempt to resolve your issue.